Village Administrator Michael C. Mills joined the Village of Elmsford in November 2002 as the Village's first Village Administrator. Born in Kingston, New York, Michael is a graduate of the University of Louisville in Kentucky. Prior to coming to Elmsford Mr. Mills' governmental experiences include serving as the Executive Director of the Office of Community Development for the City of Kingston, New York. As well as a 9 year stint as Village Manager of the Village of Ellenville, New York. Mr. Mills also previously served five years as a Member of the Kingston City Schools Consolidated Board of Education. Michael and his wife Janice have two children, Nicholas and Samantha.
Village of Elmsford Tax Payment Notice
Until further notice and pursuant to an Executive Order of Governor Cuomo, to protect the public and staff, there will be no public access to the Village Tax Department or Administrative Office.
Tax Bills can be paid by mail, or via your on-line bank account.
To pay via your on-line bank account you will need to enter the following information:
Payee: Village of Elmsford
15 South Stone Avenue
Elmsford, NY 10523
Account # Enter your account number that appears on your bill
What is the role of the Village Administrator?
The Village Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and Board of Trustee. He oversees that the rules, regulations, local laws and codes of the Village, and all other governmental jurisdictions as applicable, are fairly and efficiently administered. The Village Administrator also:
- Supervises and coordinates the day to day activities of all Village departments.
- Recommends to the Mayor and Board of Trustees appointments, promotions or dismissals of all Village employees in accordance with applicable statutes.
- Represents the Village in collective negotiations with employees.
- Acts as budget officer in preparation of the tentative budget and oversees the implementation of the Village Budget.
- Supervises the purchase of all materials, supplies and equipment and the letting of all contracts.
- Makes recommendations to the Mayor and Board of measures and programs to help improve the efficiency and economy of Village government or promote the health, safety and welfare of the residents of the Village.
- Maintains a liaison with other governments and administrative agencies as a representative of the Village.
- Investigates and responds to inquiries by Village residents and other interested persons concerning Village government operations and services.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Trustees, preparing all Board agendas and assembling all relevant information regarding agenda items for review by the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
- Serves as the public information officer of the Village.
- Serves as the principal grants person for the Village.
- Discharges such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Mayor and Board of Trustees.