Traffic Matters

The Violation must have taken place in the Village of Elmsford

 Please click here to read our Vehicle, Traffic & Parking Frequently Asked Questions document.

There are three (3) options to answer a Simplified Traffic Infraction.

  1. A plea of guilty may be entered and sent by mail and a fine notice will be sent back to you or you may come to our office to respond.
  2. A plea of Not Guilty may be entered with the court by mail or in person and a Pre-Trial conference date will be sent back to you advising you when to appear in court. When you appear for a Pre-Trial Conference, you will be required to sign a Plea Agreement if you are able to reach a disposition with a Prosecutor. A copy of the Plea Agreement can be found here.
  3. Guilty with an explanation may be entered orally before the Judge when court is in session. You should call the court to see when you may be able to come and speak with the Judge.

Traffic Infractions that go unanswered for sixty (60) days after the last adjournment date will result in the notification to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles which will result in the suspension of your privilege to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York. Many States are members of a “compact agreement” wherein your license may be also suspended in your home state for failure to respond to your ticket in New York.